What does your political voice sound like, and how do you want to use it?
Democracy Talks helps Canadians develop their political voice and become more involved in politics. Are you:
• Looking for a political discussion and trying to encourage others to get involved?
• Sick of politics, politically tuned-out or worn down by the negativity and rhetoric?
• Convinced that you don’t know enough about politics to contribute in a meaningful way?
• Looking for a fresh way to engage your community group politically?
Delivered in partnership with community groups across Canada, the DT discussion series brings people together – on campuses, in classrooms and around kitchen tables – to discuss politics and share ideas for improving civic and political engagement in Canada.
So far we’ve worked with more than 20 community groups from St. John to Vancouver, and we want to work with you too! You don’t have to be part of a community group to take part in Democracy Talks, you can also lead a discussion with friends, colleagues or students.
For your Democracy Talks discussion group, Samara provides a series of political engagement resources, facilitation tools and training options that enable participants to:
• Better understand and connect with the political process,
• Learn how to problem-solve through politics, and
• Meet interesting people
Read what others are saying about Democracy Talks, and then join in!
Samara is pleased to be working alongside several outstanding organizations and their community partners: